Says “Slightly Odd” Claude to the world… “What big shoes I might fill!”
Odd Claude is a fictional character in a children’s book not yet written! It’s also a nickname I gave myself not long ago when my wife started calling me Even Steven. Odd and even? Odd Claude and Even Steven? Made lots of sense to me! Another nickname she stuck me with is “Ready Freddie”. Am I ready to entertain you? Can we throw in a bit of education to make it better?
A big slice of our success in edu-tainment will depend on you. If you go to a comedy club or watch cartoons and you’re already planning to NOT laugh (not even once?), then I have a surprise in store for you. I MIGHT get a grin out of you once in a thousand jokes but that’s ok. I won’t give up. You can always go away and never come back, right? LOL on me.
That being said, life is sweeter by far when we hang out with people we love – brothers and sisters, mom and dad, grandma and grandpa. The BONUS is when we are around people who are having fun – like kids. We see them run and jump and we hear them laugh. We adults can play too, IF we allow ourselves to be childlike again.
Some of the activities in this Family Fun project (described below) are for one person and some can be organized with a little bit of effort so a gang of 40 or MORE can have fun together. Are you running out of new ideas? Check out some of the stories and videos below and we’ll soon see if we can help!
Stories and videos:
- Raquel – a three and a half year old girl who learned how to do something really fun!
- ADHD girl – she learned something completely different but had LOTS of fun.
- Justin – a city boy who learned something new out in the country.
- Rose – she was stuck and then she was UN-stuck because someone helped her.
- Dennis – a six-year-old who got to stay with his family because Grandma and Grandpa got a new roof on their house thanks to volunteers with big hearts.
Help Wanted: Would you like to help make a movie? Are you going to be the star? Camera Operator? Director? Producer? Fan?
Ideas for short videos. Tip: Before you go too far, make sure your camera is recording, not on standby!
- Can a three-year-old say “Quack quack quack” three different ways? Put your smartphone camera on video mode and let’s see.
- Can an eight year old act like a dog pretending to be a pig? I’d like to see that one myself!
- If you’re a kid, challenge your parents or grandparents to take Carl’s “Parent Quiz”! On camera!
- Help Carl write another chapter or another version of Ducklings with Dimples. Want to be IN the book?
Carl’s very first children’s BOOK and Jane is a character in Chapter 5! Quigley finds a friend in Chapter 3. All three ducklings with dimples are barely out of their shells in the first chapter so CHECK THEM OUT!!! Quack quack QUACK!!! In Chapter 7, the ducklings with dimples get together with their friends for a going away party.
Will the ducklings go south for the winter? Will they find a friendly farmer with a big barn they can sleep in to stay out of the snow?